Australia - Brisbane to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A big thanks to Dean, Marina, Samuel and Zoe for putting us up in Brisbane, your excellent hospitality and cooking was much appreciated. We really enjoyed meeting all the family and attempting to keep the kids entertained! And to stay in a proper bed with ensuite bathroom in a real house was bliss after spending over 2 weeks in a campervan! We also met Shaun, Catherine, Daniel, Keegan, Liam, Hayden, Oliver, Pete, Karen, Georgia and Ben who were all really nice. It was one of Catherines amazing cookies that caused our first real medical emergency of the trip so far. I think it was on Hannahs second cookie that she felt a bit of tooth fall off. We visited the local dentist, Mr O'Hare, as recomended by Dean and Marina for both his dentistry skills and high levels of enthusiasm. Hannah was not dissapointed, within minutes he had his pliers down hannahs throat and was removing the problem wisdom tooth. In what he described as a 'textbook proceedure' that couldn't have gone any better Hannahs tooth was succesfully removed. Hannah described him as the Steve Irwin of dentistry!

At Byron Bay it was time to fulfil another Ozzy cliche and go surfing. We spent an awesome day with our instructors Wafu and Mofo (I am not sure these are there birth names!!) and there dog spud catching the waves, or at least trying to. Both me and Hannah managed to stand up on a couple of times and apparently I got wave of the day - gnarly!

The next few days in Byron the weather was poo, the best description I can think of is English weather consisting of rain, wind, cold and general drearyness. We couldn't really complain as we had had 3 weeks of sunny skies on our journey down.

I think i got deep vein flambosis (is that spelt right? - actually at this point i must appologise for my spelling in general, don't know why this blog site doesn't have a spell check - amateurs) on the mamouth 13 hour journey to Sydney. Apart from that, Sydney was cool. We spent a lot of time admiring the harbour bridge and the opera house. We also went to Bondi beach and took a ferry to Manly, the boat ride back into Sydney harbour at night was magical.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Check out the surf posesCheck out the surf poses
Check out the surf poses

Its easy when your on dry land!


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb