Sydney - Day 5


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 8th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Chris was up first today as he was going into the City to a museum to see a Unique Star Wars Exposition. I got up at 8.20am as couldn't sleep any later due to the heat in the tent! It was going to be about 40 degres again today! I had breakfast and spoke with a German couple who had arrived the night before and had been to NZ a few times - good to get some info! Once i had eaten and had coffee with the Irish couple, i cleaned the tent. Everyone said how customs in NZ get really funny about dirty tents and shoes. This is when i first came across my furry friend... a big brown spider, i nearly touched him - aagghhhhh!! Found out later he was a huntsman, they rarely bite and aren't harmfull - phew! By 11.30am i had finished and was so hot! I left around 12.15 to go to the Rocks Market, i was meeting Chris at 2.30pm near there. On the bus in i got chatted up by a 16 year old !!! LOL - bless him he was trying so hard until he found out how old i was!!!!!
It took nearly an hour to get in today as Sundays seem to be busy! The markets are really nice, one of the best ones in Sydney. There are lots of craft stalls. chris met me there at 2pm and he bought a pair of cuff links. He's been looking for these everywhere since he saw them in Taz! We then walked to the Wharfs to get a ferry over to Manly. It's a 30min trip to manly Beach. There is a Bay next to where the Ferry lands, lot'sof boats in the harbour, and we went down the main street to the beach on the other side. This is the main Beach with waves for good surfing - it was busy! We settled down in the sun and read for the afternoon. Late afternoon we had a walk around looking for an internet shop, we failed so we went for food instead! Lot's of places to choose from.
After dinner we went back to the Bay as it wasn't so windy there and watched the sun go down. Beautifull colours but the photo's refused to look as good! Then caught the Ferry back to see the City at night along
Yoda...Yoda...Yoda...

The actual one.. !
the Bridge and Opera House. It's a cheap way of getting a sunset cruise!
Back to the tent and to bed early as leaving at 5am tomorrow morning...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb