A week in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 2nd 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I’ve had such a lovely week in Sydney. It’s such a nice place to be, surely it has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world and it has everything too; sunshine, beaches, city life and culture, cliffs, sea, mountains and the outback within reach, great restaurants and lovely people.

Over the last week I’ve been in full tourist mode, trainers on, camera slung round my neck. I’ve had dinner overlooking the ferries at Circular Quay, taken a cheesy city bus tour, taken a local ferry to spent a lovely afternoon at Manly, watched a film in the park at Moonlight open air cinema, saw a plane sky writing, walked the city streets soaking up the old and new, marveled at the flocks of white cockatoos, browsed and bought some Aboriginal art, taken in the views up Sydney Tower, joined the crowds at the Chinese New Year Parade, had a day trip to the Blue Mountains to see Kangaroos in the wild, dramatic green canyons, bush walk in the mountains, gazed at the Three Sisters and held on tight on a train going up at 52° back up the hill, I’ve sunbathed on the beach at Summer Bay (Palm Beach) and the famous Bondi Beach, dined on local seafood in sparkling Darling harbour, attended the Opera at the Opera House (Madame Butterfly) and survived scuba diving in Sydney waters (no sign of any Great Whites just a host of colourful underwater wildlife).

It’s supposed to be 47° here in New South Wales over the weekend so I’m off up to Brisbane on Saturday to stay with Marcello and hopefully avoid the heatwave. I doubt I’ll blog as often since I’ll be having a rest from being in full on tourist mode. Brisvegas here I come!




Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

SydneySydney
Sydney

Circular Quay


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb