Monday 26th January 2009 - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 26th 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oz Day EveOz Day EveOz Day Eve

Dr Karl Kennedy! : )
Happy Australia Day!

Last night we went to the bar next to our hostel called Scary Canary which had...wait for it....Dr Karl Kennedy (Neighbours) playing live with his band The Waiting Room!! They were actually good and we had a great time! Spent the rest of the night partying with the support band, Kings, Queens and Fairytales, who were also great and really friendly.
today we went down to Darling Harbour - Australia Day is very big as you can imagine so they have lots of family activites on. Lots of people down at the Harbour, caught the Ferry to Circular Quay and walked to the Opera House - where Libby made me do the YMCA on the steps!! How many people can say they've done that hey?!! (we like to be different and don't worry i didn't sing!) Weather wasn't great in the day and got even worse at night! We went back to Darling Harbour to watch the fireworks in the pouring rain and got completely drenched but it was worth it! Very different from St. George's Day!!!
Going to sydney Harbour Bridge tomorrow - hopefully the weather picks up for us!

Take Care xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb