Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 31st 2008
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have now arrived in Sydney - its amazing. We are staying in Parramatta which is approx 30hr from the harbour by boat. We stayed in the Courtyard for the 1st two nights. On NYE we meet with Laura and Dean in the afternoon as they arrived the same day as we us. We caught the boat into the harbour which was great as the views of the opera house and bridge were out of this world. After having a little stroll round Sydney we found an area in the Biotantical Gardens where we stopped and had some beverages and food ready to see the fireworks. The firesworks started at 9pm, before the main fireworks started at midnight, they were fantastic. We have never seen anything like it. The amount of people in the harbour was amazing. We left straight after NY, and caught the bus home. We arrived back at the hotel at 2.30pm.

New Years Day we took the train and bus to Bondi Beahc. The beach was packed. We took a walk along the coast before heading back the hotel. That evening Scott and I feel ill so unfortunately spent the whole of the next day in bed with possible food poisoning before leaving for the Blue Mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb