AUSTRALIA Princes Highway & Sydney 17th - 23rd November


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 15th 2008
Published: December 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a picturesque drive along the forrested Princes Highway we spent three days exploring Sydney, which we liked very much as a city.
Luckily we had some sunshine before the wet weather hit, Brisbane wasn't as lucky.

We spent a very relaxing few days shopping, seeing Bond in action and walking around the harbour area, plus taking an interesting tour of the Sydney Opera House.

Sadly we learnt that the Danish architect who designed the SOH, Joern Utzon, passed away not long after we visited at the end of November. He was still working, via web cam!, at the age of 90 on a project to extend the building and incorporate a lift. He never visited the Opera House himself after being forced to resign from the project due to overruns during its construction. However his son, who followed in his fathers footsteps, does visit and continues his work today.

We did not have enough time to do Australia justice, but what we will take away is the friendliness and the humour of the people, the extraordinary landscapes and the amazing wildlife....plus those delicious Tim Tams.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

05 Colin and Rachel this one is for you05 Colin and Rachel this one is for you
05 Colin and Rachel this one is for you

bring back any memories???


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb