Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 4th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent a month in Sydney and really enjoyed 'living' there! On the evening of the 4th we met up with Mike and Wendy Gray. We had a very nice evening with them- the harbour looked beautiful the evening.
The weather was quite mixed over the course of the month but when it was sunny it was very hot. We went to most of the nearby beaches, Manly, Maroubra, Bronte, Cougee and Bondi with varying degrees of success at body- boarding. We did a few walks around the coast and one afternoon caught the ferry up to Parramatta. We met up with Andy who we had also seen in Brissie. We went kayayking with him and Shaun who lives in Sydney and whom Andy was visiting. We went swimming at the North Ol;ympic pool wich had great views of the opera house and bridge from the sun deck. The fishmarket was really good and we went there for lunch about 3 times.
After 2 weeks we moved flats as our friend dave was coming to stay - we moved to near Surry hills which was good for being near Centennial park but not as convenient for transport to town. When we had a bit of a rainy spell we went to a couple of musems and to the aquarium. We also went to the zoo which was great. One sunday Shaun drove us up to Palm Beach ( home and away) and we walked up to the lighthouse. For our friend's birthday we had drinks in the tower and it revolved 360 degrees in an hour and a half - the city looked fantastic at night. So we really enjoyed our month but were excited to move on - a new country to look forward to!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb