Sydney - Day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 4th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, these postings may be a little out of order, but I'll see about going back and updating yesterday's adventures later today!

We woke after a LONG night's sleep and we would like to thank our good friend jetlag for helping us in that category. We had a pretty full day yesterday on top of a long flight and the International Date Line!

Today we started out with our morning chai tea from Starbucks and then ventured around The Rocks. The Rocks is the birthplace of modern Australia. The Rocks is a neighborhood of quaint streets, shops, offices, and hotels. Housing in this neighborhood is quite expensive...aka Nicole Kidman lives around the corner.

Later we did the 11:30 am tour of the Sydney Harbor BridgeClimb. We decided that the overcast conditions were probably better than the direct sunlight that caught us off guard yesterday!

We are currently blogging from the 3-story Apple Store in Sydney as they have FREE wifi (which isn't so readily available in these parts) and we were hoping to get Kip's new MacBook a quick health checkup due to what we suspect may be jetlag...or some software issue!

After this posting we
Kip & Frank - Sydney Harbor BridgeClimbKip & Frank - Sydney Harbor BridgeClimbKip & Frank - Sydney Harbor BridgeClimb

Downtown Sydney is the backdrop for this photo atop the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
plan to venture around the Oxford Street area. So check back later for more updates!

Advertisement



5th November 2008

I see you made it. I hope the cruise ship in the background was for my benefit! I can't wait to get updates. Be good and have fun....hmmmm, can you do both??

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb