Week in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 19th 2008
Published: September 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Monday, 18-August we flew out of Wellington and arrived in Sydney on a cold, wet night. We unknowingly booked a hostel in the red-light district, but it was on a relatively quiet street!

One day we took a ferry over to the north shore of the harbour to visit Taronga Zoo; it was one of the best zoos we've ever been to! We got to see all of the Australian animals (roos, wallabies, echidnas, platypus, koalas, lizards, emus, etc, etc, etc) - quite cool!

On another day we took the bus out to Bondi Beach and walked down the coastal walkway to Coogee Beach. We had been led to believe that it would only be a one hour stroll each way... that didn't turn out to be the case! 6 hours, a big lunch (in which Denny ate kangaroo steak - pretty tasty!) and 12 beers later we stumbled back to Bondi hot, sweaty and yes, kinda tipsy. Oh well, it was absolutely beautiful scenery and we had a great warm day in the middle of Aussie winter.

We also visited the Paddy's Markets, the Powerhouse Museum, Chinatown and walked around the Opera House and Botanic Gardens. We even met up with a friend of Emily's that she used to work with in London 7 years ago for drinks.

Such a big & pretty city, we loved it there and were sad to leave!






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Our trip to the Fish MarketsOur trip to the Fish Markets
Our trip to the Fish Markets

We got the big fresh platter with all sorts of yummy stuff


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb