Chillout Sunday


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 30th 2003
Published: September 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

ParrotsParrotsParrots

Parrots on Eileen's flat balcony
After all the excitement (and early mornings!) of the last week, I deservedly had a lay-in. Today was going to be a chill day. I think I was up at around 8:30. Had my usual shower, and then went out for a walk up to the shops in Narrabeen.

Eileen needed some bits and pieces for today’s barbecue at Bryan and Paul’s, which was partly to celebrate Danielle and Chris’ engagement. It was a twenty-minute walk along the main Narrabeen lakes, which is such a picturesque walk. It was another warm day, if a little overcast. The lakeside was quite busy too.

A new café/restaurant had also opened, which was quite popular, and the boating place was also quite busy with everyone setting their boats up.

Eileen got her shopping, and then we made our way back.

I think we had to be over at Bryan’s by 2pm, so we made our way over shortly after we had got back. It was only a ten-minute drive from Narrabeen to Harbord, and I knew the route off by heart now. We weren’t the only guests today.

Paula has family that lives in Mascot, a suburb of North Sydney, right near Sydney Harbour, and they were there too, along obviously with Danielle and Chris.

The barbecue went well. There was a stack of meat being cooked. Enough for feeding a thousand. I was sure though, that it would all get eaten!

After the eats, Damon, Danielle, Chris and myself went for a walk down to Curl Curl beach. Chris’ parents have a dog, so Chris brought him along.

It was a scatty thing that loved to chase ball. He was absolutely mental.

We chatted about things in general, nothing in particular, and it turned out to be a nice walk.

It was a late afternoon on a warm Sunday and, surprisingly, there weren’t too many people out and about.

We were out for an hour or so, and as we got back, Danielle and Chris went back to his. Chris only lived next door to Bryan and Paula, so it was very convenient.

After tea, when we all got back, we again all sat round and chatted again. It was nice.

We all left at about 10pm. It was a lovely, relaxing day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb