Happy Birthday Mom!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 27th 2005
Published: November 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday MomHappy Birthday MomHappy Birthday Mom

Wish we could be there for your birthday but we'll see you soon.
Happy Birthday Mom!!

Today (Sunday) is my Mom’s 60th bday, and while I realize we don’t generally give out ages, big milestones aren’t included in that rule. So happy birthday Mom and we’ll see you in three weeks!!

I hope everyone had relaxing and fun Thanksgiving weekends. Unfortunately we weren’t able to feel too gloaty about being at the beach instead of in the cold north, because it rained every day this weekend. We took a few walks with umbrellas over Abby. But those always ended up with everyone wet and frazzled. As a result, we pretty much stayed indoors and memorized the words to "It's a Wiggly World" - - Abby's latest Wiggles DVD.

We missed everyone, the parades, the football games, Black Friday and of course the food and we don’t even have super fabulous ‘here’s what we did instead’ story to show for it.

I did manage to go to our church’s Women’s Group sponsored Gingerbread House event. For those of you who know me well, this action signals exactly how desperate I am to continually meet new moms down here. But I made a mean gingerbread house covered with ‘lollies’ and made a friend with a mom one block away in the process - so that was a small victory!

Meanwhile Les assembled a fake Xmas tree that we picked up, and we are going to decorate it with toy lorikeets and cockatoos . . . .we’ll post a picture of our Xmas Tree Down Under when it’s complete. So that’s it - - I’m sure as soon as the sun comes out we’ll resume our adventures down under!




Advertisement



28th November 2005

Unbelievable
Es - Cannot believe you had to go to make a g-bread house but am v. proud of you for stepping outside your box and making friends - yay! So question - why is the pic of the lolly house not posted? We must see! Cbs
29th November 2005

knew you could do it
You re a lawrence also and my grand daurgher so you realy have thata talen hidden in side LET IT OUT GIRL love you nknow who

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb