Mardi Gras Parade!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 1st 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a bit of a sleep in, then went into the city. The girls did a bit of a bridge walk thing, and we walked around the city, then went over to Darling Harbour for lunch. After that we took the bus back to Bondi, did our hair and fairy make-up, we took the train into the city. We had a bunch of mildly intoxicated, seriously attitude-filled, and in the girls' cases, heavily made-up kids around fourteen years old on our train with us. They asked us if we were really lesbians (Mardi Gras is Sydney's Gay Pride parade,) and we think on of the boys was quite interested in Vicky. Our fairy costumes were quite a hit, we even had some Asian tourists ask to take a picture with us! We watched the Parade then went over to the Edinburgh Hotel pub where we did Trashioke, they're version of Saturday night Karaoke. We performed Stop by the Spice Girls and C'Est la Vie by B*Witched. It was quite the night at the bar! At closing time we went outside and tried to figure out how we'd get back to Bondi. We tried to find a cab, but the few times we managed to get one to pull-over to us, they said they wouldn't take us back to Bondi. In the state we were in, this was not much fun at all. There were a ton of incredibly drunk people around, we actually saw a lot of physical fights that freaked me out a bunch. We finally figured out where to pick up our bus and finally got back to Bondi around 4, when we immediately crashed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb