Opera anyone?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 11th 2008
Published: February 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After managing to navigate us into Sydney city centre we found a car park that didnt charge $10 an hour and went in search of the visitors centre. We did the typical tourist things like going to see the Opera House and Sydney Harbour bridge which was pretty cool, We also managed a walk through the beautiful gardens they have in the city but the most exciting part of the day was going into Qantus and getting told our tickets were now all ok- yipee!

The following day we headed to the famous Bondi Beach and made the most of the good weather with a bit of sunbaking and we even both went in the sea to play in the waves (the further up the coast the warmer the sea). We tried to spot some famous people but couldnt find anyone but I'm sure they were there! That evening we watched "Bondi rescue" on TV which is a show about the lifeguards on Bondi and shows them saving people etc. so we of course spent the whole show going, "we went there".

Sydney was a realy nice place and would be an excellent holiday destination taking in a show in the opera house and visiting the various fancy restaurants but unfortunately this cannot realy be achieved on a backpacker budget so we made do with a quick look around the main sights and eating good old sushi followed by a McDonalds sundae. Time was also becoming short as we only had a week left in Australia and we wanted to head up the coast a bit and do some surfing and catch some more rays so we packed our tent up and headed north..........in the rain, Doh!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb