Mission Possible


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 18th 2007
Published: September 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived last night in Sydney from New Zealand and were really impressed. Large buildings, beautiful beaches and nice people - it could be the perfect city! Today we walked around Sydney and took the ferry to Watson's Bay. We walked around for a bit and hiked up to the "The Gap" - cliffs where they filmed the end of Mission Impossible II. It was hot and we stopped for gelato - not as cheap as in Italy, but pretty tasty nonetheless. The ferries in Sydney are excellent, fast and cheap. They're a great way to see different surrounding areas.

In the evening we went out to dinner looking for Moreton Bay Bugs. We found a place and recognized two girls from England who had been on our plane from New Zealand. We pushed tables together and had a great dinner talking with them. They recommended Ewan McGregor's book Long Way Round, based on the TV show of the same name, and I'm sure we'll be reading it on a future trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Boo...Boo...
Boo...

No dogs locations suck.
Milk BarMilk Bar
Milk Bar

Increasingly rare to find Milk Bars in OZ - they are being replaced by 7-11 and AM-PM.


Tot: 0.377s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 35; qc: 149; dbt: 0.1461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb