Australia - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 7th 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Sydney at 8am on Tuesday 31 July after our 12 hour bus journey from Melbourne. After breakfast we walked to Darling Harbour and around some shops before returning to Sydney Central Backpackers YHA to check in. After a quick shower, Robbie picked us up and we drove to a nice Italian cafe/restaurant that's hidden away in a warehouse/food distribution building. Lunch was tasty and my desert of Eton Mess (a crushed up pavlova) was even better. We then went to the cinema to watch the Simpsons movie before going to Max Brenner's chocolate cafe on Oxford Street. Ian and I each had a thick Italian hot milk chocolate drink, a chocolate soufflé with melted chocolate, strawberries and ice cream. As if this wasn't sickly enough, Robbie then bought us both a shot of melted chocolate - talk about a sugar overload, we were buzzing. We got back to the hostel at 8.30pm and it wasn't long before we were asleep after the buzz wore off. On Wednesday, we woke up at 8am and took the train to the airport to catch our flight to Auckland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb