Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 29th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys,

We were going to add to the travel blog yesterday, and the day before that but we were just having too much fun!

The first day we arrived at the hotel, nothing like as fancy as the last place, but then neither is the bill, so its no big deal. The hotel is ok, kind of chinsey, but its mostly warm and comfortable. We walked into the city through the botanical gardens and I got my first view of the harbour bridge and the opera house....Very impressive. Apart from resting after a long flight we didnt achieve much else on the first day.

Woke up late on the 28th and missed breakfast, Oh no!
Headed straight out to the famous 'Paddys Market' not really sure why its so famous...its the same as about every other market but at least we went. Walked down to Darling Harbour after that and went to the Aquarium which was very good, and then went to the Wildlife world, also very good, although not as good as the sharks and seals.
We walked the long way home because I didnt have a clue where I was and as it turned out neither did Adam.

Sunday the 29th we decided to go and see the beautiful people doing their surfing thing on Bondi Beach. There were so many of them and they can all balance, which I had trouble with just standing on the sand. Took a walk along the coast line to the next beach - Bonte. Very pretty and well worth the walk, so we thought we'd walk to the next one, Coogee, also good. Had lunch there and walked back to Sydney. At least we didnt go the long way home.

Everyone here is wrapped up in layers of clothes, and wearing scarfs, and as it is their winter they are complaining about the cold. I have to say this is better than our summer...woo hoo to the sun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb