Our Last Days In Oz!...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 28th 2007
Published: July 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I honestly can't believe it has gone so fast!...

I mean it does feel as though i've been away from home for a while but not 5 months!

So we have been in Oz 146 days, 21 weeks or nearly 5 months...and since we arrived as inexperienced backpackers on the 4th March 2007 we have had so many incredible experiences in this HUGE country!

For instance...we had never heard of $2 beers, living on 2min noodles, bed bugs, 12hour bus journeys, Coles (the cheap supermarket)...we have learnt how to be unbelieveably stingey with our money, saying no to paying an extra couple of dollars per night to stay in a nicer hostel or smaller room! and we are quite used to going into pubs and clubs and asking for their cheapest drink!

So since our road trip we stayed in the notorious Kings Cross again, spending our days trying to find things to do for free...and having a chuckle to ourselves about the USA flags hanging outside the brothels, strip joints and money exchanges...all because 2 US navy ships had docked in Sydney releasing 2,000 officers to Kings Cross! Anyway, we finally walked across the bridge, walked upto the point in the botanical gardens where you see the Opera House and Bridge...it was such a sunny day that it looked the same as it did in March before we left... and the temperature has been upto 21 degrees most days so we are happy to be back in T-shirts again!We also went out to say goodbye to our friends Dave, Dickie and Will who were off to New Zealand, closely followed by Leanne.

Then we bought a train ticket to Coffs Harbour to visit John n Steph one last time before we head out the country...so after 9 hours on a train we arrived in Coffs. We were lucky enough to stay for a week and even managed to go Whale watching...which was incredible to see some of the incredible animals, we saw 2 whales the biggest was 30ft and glided through the water so gracefully it was class to see!
We also saw the Aussie Matildas play again...this time it was a friendly between Australia and New Zealand womens teams but was still an entertaining footy match! and since the Oz coach in Scottish and the NZ coach is Geordie we felt right at home!
We had some nice walks on Woopi beach again and even went to the beautiful Station Creek for the day and walked up the creek to the sea coming across thousands of little crabs on the way!

Then we headed back to Sydney on an overnight train...(to save a nights accommodation!) and went to stay with our friends in their new flat/cottage for a couple of nights in Bondi. so we are off to the airport tomorrow...i've got a really strange feeling in my stomach, im really happy to be moving on to New Zealand (even if it will be freezing!) but its closer to going home, and it'll be mad to leave Australia and everyone we have met behind.

So here's a BIG thank you to everyone who has put up with us and our millions of bags! and Cheers to everyone we have met along the way hope we will be able to stay in touch!
Oz has been great and we would highly recommend getting out of our flooded counrty and jumping on a plane down under!

See ya later Bruce and Sheila....here we come The Kiwis!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



27th July 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow!!!
Awwhh - Great breaking news - Anthony looking like his usual self again - at least he won't be spending hours keeping everyone waiting doing his hair! lol How strange it must be for you to be leaving Australia - I must confess to having a bit of a fluttery tummy myself reading your comments BUT new experiences await so onwards and upwards or is it sidewards and backwards to New Zealand and just think about all those black and red runs you'll be doing.......... Speak to you soon. Lots and lots of love to you both, Mum, Dad, Andrew, Adam, Paws and Oscar. xxxxxxxx
27th July 2007

Farewell Sydney
Forgot to say that the crazy couples last pic in Sydney was gorgeous.........Love Mum xxxxxx
29th July 2007

End of the road!!!
Can't believe u guys r finally finished in Oz!!! Fells like iv only been back 5 mins n uv done so much... looks like u celebrated ur departure in style tho, piss up in Sydney! So its off to NZ now then, heard Ollie mite b joinn u so that shud b amazin n as always im dead jealous, wish i cud have my time there again!!! Enjoy it guys n keep in touch, big hug x x x

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb