Sydney Life


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 25th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Harbour Bridge The Harbour Bridge The Harbour Bridge

Crowds spend their weekend time near by the harbour bridge on a busy Sunday.
We arrived in Sydney on Monday evening after a short flight from Melbourne.
The four of us had booked into a hostel called the Funk House right in the centre of the the infamous area of King Cross.
By the time we arrived and got out it was gone 930 and we were all hungry so we found a local Chinese for dinner. It was about mid meal, when Dawn noticed a huge rat scuttle across the restaurant floor. As time went on there were a few more sightings, and I think we counted 4 or 5. Although worried that we may well complain about this, the owner didn't look too surprised to actually see them there. He told us he was going to call pest control, but you could just tell that was bollocks. He had no intention of doing so. We still ate the food mind, well we were hungry after all.

Our first few days in Sydney flew by so quickly. We had booked to go to the blue mountains at the weekend, thinking that was a little way off, but before we knew it that time had come round. I'm serious when I say we all felt like we had lost a day somewhere along the week!
During this week, before the blue mountains, we spent a couple of days walking round the city, visiting the numerous famous sights, and also spending a day at Bondi Beach.

The Funk House was a cool place to stay as they always had some outing planned for each night. These nights usually involved lots of free beer, and free entry to the clubs and bars that we went to around the area. The one night we did stay in, the hostel did a bbq on the roof top for everyone. It was a good night, although when paying only 3 dollars for food and a beer, just make sure you don't expect a decent quality meal, because you won't get one!

During our time in Sydney we spent a weekend in the Blue Mountains, and part of the following week in the beach area of Mainly, just north of the city. I thought it simpler to add separate entries for these place.

When we got back to the City, we spent another night in the Funk house, mainly cause it was cheap, available, and we knew
Night Time ViewsNight Time ViewsNight Time Views

Looking back at the city from Kings Cross
what to expect. The following day I met up with Tammy from work back at home, and her Boyfriend Stuart. They were on a three week holiday, visiting both Australia and New Zealand.

Over the Easter weekend, we were kindly invited to stay with some of my Mums friends that live in Sydney, Helen and Jim. (You will be realising by now that my mums contacts sure have come in handy since being in the country). We arrived on the Thursday evening, to what has to be the nicest meal Ive had all year, and probably the previous years too for that matter. And that was the way of things to come that weekend. Absolutely gorgeous food, and plenty of it, followed by champagne and various drinks each and every evening. Hosnestly I counld belive some of the meals put before us, it was great. We were well and truly looked after and certainly didn't go hungry over Easter !!

On the Bank Holiday Monday morning, after booking a hire car on the net, we thought, as nice as this is, we really should get of our arses and get on the road up the coast. After all we had a schedule to keep, and this was fast slipping by us!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Leaving the City Leaving the City
Leaving the City

Heading of to the beach area of Manly for a few days stay
Moving back to the cityMoving back to the city
Moving back to the city

After the boat trip from Manly, Matt and Rob wait for the train to take us back to Town Hall in the centre.
Views of the CrossViews of the Cross
Views of the Cross

Right in the mixer - The views of Kings Cross taken from our window.
The Sydney Opera HouseThe Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House

Should I really need to label this one?
The Bat Tree The Bat Tree
The Bat Tree

Maybe hard to see in the photo, but this tree, like many others in the Botanical Garnens, is stacked with huge bats. Ive never seem so together this before!
New camera tricks!New camera tricks!
New camera tricks!

Just discovered this cool function today. Concentrates on one particular colour, and leaves the rest black and white. Had to try it out - More of these to come I reckon!
The Rocks The Rocks
The Rocks

Looking down at the area called "The Rocks" from the Harbour Bridge


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 22; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb