The Southerner has gone south


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 20th 2005
Published: August 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

G'Day from Downunder mate. Im sure thats totally stereotypical and incorrect, but who SPIGGING cares. Im in AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still can't believe it. 3 years of planning and Im here WOO HOO. Was pinching myself to remind myself its not a dream.

Had what felt like a very long flight, didnt help with rubbish movies such as 'Guess Who' or the kids who at 3am this morning turned on all their lights so they could do colouring in (Forgot my book, Sorry C&T!). Arrived in sydney at 7am and got to the hostel at 9am. Think I woke up the people in the room when I barged in crashing into the side with my mother of a rucksack, 'quietly' put it in the locker and went walking up to the habour. This took a bit longer than expected as I went the wrong way, d'oh. But found the University of Technology Campus for Sydney and a cracking name for a uni: Woolongcong (or something like it). Much better than Aston University, Birmingham.

Absolutely loving it, and thats only after one day. There are loads of places to sit and admire the views, read a book and top up a tan.

Tomorrow Im off to the botancial gardens which are free, unlike Kew Gardens. And might try to climb the Sydney harbour bridge, dont worry Im not going to do a 'Fathers for Justice' but an organised walk by some company that robs tourists blind, but hey just got to do it. Then on a ferry to Bondi beach, Coogee beach, Olympic Park and oh theres too much to do.

In the first of an irregular series; "Sight of the day" - Sydney Harbour bridge at sunset (oh an very nice flight attendant!)

Got a couple of nice snaps but the PC at the hostel doesnt let me plug in an USB cable, boo

Well toodle pip
from the Southerner who's gone south.
Karen (in case you've forgotton!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb