A month earlier and i would have seen Robbie Williams sunbathing!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 5th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well today I have had a very good day. In the daytime i went to Taronga Zoo, and have taken heaps more animal photos, including a very ugly Orangutan! I walked for about 5 hours non-stop and i really enjoyed myself. Having been to both Taronga and Australia Zoo, I would summarise it that Taronga currently has a wider variety of animals, but Australia Zoo allows a much more hands on experience, and when it has expanded there will be no competition!

After the Zoo, I caught the Ferry back across the Harbour, and headed to 5, Cumberland Street. Some of you may want to remember this address, as this is where you need to go if you ever want to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge! I booked the twilight climb, which is dearer, but it means you get to climb up in the daylight, then watch the sunset, and then see the city at night with all the lights, and then climb back down again. It was absolutely breath-taking up there, and i have the photos, and a mug and a certificate that proves i did it! I am so pleased that i achieved this as i wasn't sure if i could do it or not as i am not that good with going up ladders! Its the only time when i don't like heights!

On the climb up, we could see onto the top of the Hyatt hotel - it has a penthouse that costs about $7000 per night, and the one instructor said she was doing a climb in December and Robbie Williams was sunbathing on the top as he was staying in that suite! The other climbers recognised who he was because of his tattoos! If only i was here then..............

Needless to say, after walking for 5 hours and then doing the Bridge Climb, I was rather shattered and i just went back and slept and had sweet dreams about Robbie!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb