The Bridge


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 1st 2007
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

This morning had to be up early for the Bridge climb woke up 7:45 no one else seemed to be up a few people sleeping in the TV lounge.
Caught the train and got to the bridge climb today’s weather raining, They advised that the trips were cancelled due to possible thunder storms and they would re try at 12:20. I went for some breakfast then had a look around some of the shops in the Rocks area. As the weather took up I thought we should be in luck. Got there at 11:45 and registered and they advised the climb would proceed at 12:20 they gave us all a breath test then gave us a jump suit and got us to wear that they then gave us a demo on how the safety harness works and where to clip the radio and the glasses. You can only take glasses up no watches or jewellery.
We set off and were told that the temp was 19.5C and the wind chill factor was 19.1with an easterly wind.
The guide advised us where we would climb starting on the south side of the bridge and on the way up you got very good views of the Opera house, Bondi and Manley.
There are a number of area where you need to duck and squeeze through but it is worth it. Halfway up they take photos then you continue to the top which is 134 meters above sea level and have some more photos taken then you cross to the north side and get the view of Darling harbour, Anzac bridge and in the distance the Olympic stadium 3 hrs later we had returned to the bottom and the tour was over.
I then returned to the hostel after obtaining the photo and certificate.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb