Rihla 21


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern slavery isdifferent from the older form of slavery in many ways. For one modern slavery isn't centered around race, and it goes after all people of any race and sex. It is in a number of professions and not just a farming profession.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

It connects to abraham Lincoln because slavery has been illegal for more then 100 years, and now it is prevalent all over America in many forms and shapes.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaris project ito trying to get people to notice how slavery is still going on and is bigger than ever now days in the world. They also want people to stand up and fight what they know is wrong.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

Yes I agree, human sex trafficking is a big form of slavery and it is forcing a person to do something against their will.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

Working in a sweat shop, being a serpent with no rights, and being force to servesomeone because you are addicted to drugs.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

Why doesnt anyone stand up and fight this?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb