The big city


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We decided to make a second attempt at getting in to the city – this time we left much earlier to try and beat some of the work traffic. We found a parking space in Sutherland and caught the train through to Central – getting in around 9am (pretty early considering we’re on holiday at the moment!).

We wandered from the station down Elizabeth St, making our way towards the harbour. We walked past Hyde Park and took a slight detour through the park to take a look at St Mary’s Cathedral - a very pretty Church and Fountain that was bathed in sunshine – a few snaps later and we continued to wander down Elizabeth St. We next spotted the Australia Conservatorium for Music which looked a bit like a Castle on top of the hill, and used this as another great photo opportunity! From here we strolled down through the Royal Botanic Gardens, and around Farm Cove to the Sydney Opera House. We took a quick peek inside the Opera House to pick up a programme, and then continued around the harbour to Circular Quay.

We stopped at the Rocks to eat lunch, with our feet dangling over the water and taking in views of Sydney Harbour Bridge, Lunar Park and the Opera House before continuing around the coast to Walsh Bay and down through Darling Harbour – where we stopped for a refreshing schooner in King Street Wharf.

We took a look at the Aquarium but decided to add that to our to-do list, and left there just with a photo of Will and a Lego Poseidon (take a look at the photos!). From here we started to make our way back to the train station – but first we took a walk through the Queen Victoria Building and the Westfield Shopping Centre on Pitt St to pick up some Australian SIM cards for our phones – then it was back to the station to catch the train home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Luna ParkLuna Park
Luna Park

A lunchtime view
The King of the SeaThe King of the Sea
The King of the Sea

Will pushed all the kids out the way to get this photo!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb