Sydney Aquarium


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
September 16th 2011
Published: September 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Shops ahoy!Shops ahoy!Shops ahoy!

Jo keeping watch for a spending opportunity!
We took another trip into the city today but were met with yet more travel issues – this time a delayed train due to a woman giving birth on the train in front of us… only in The Shire!! We went back to the Westfield Centre to sort out our Mobile phones which are now fully up and running – so you can expect texts coming your way with our new numbers.

We decided to take a look around the Aquarium today… dugongs (Australian manatee), angel shark, grey nurse shark, leopard shark, black tipped reef shark, starfish, crayfish, Nemo, a few more lego creatures… we saw them all!! And Jo even got the special honour of seeing a sea cucumber drop a poo!

We had lunch in Cockle Bay, overlooking Darling Harbour, accompanied by a seagull who was happy to perform tricks for some scraps of our sandwiches. Next we walked around the Harbour to the maritime museum and then up to the Chinese Friendship Gardens, before meeting Will’s friend for a schooner in a nearby pub.

It was then time to head home, before Will got the taste for beer (he was driving at the other end)
Great White SharkGreat White SharkGreat White Shark

Don't go swimming!
so we headed back to the train station, but we stopped on the way to pick up a Kit Kat Cookie Bar which Jo had spotted when leaving the station in the morning – it was quickly devoured on the train ride home but the peanut butter Kit Kat still wins hand down!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

DugongDugong
Dugong

Apparently they eat 10% of their weight in cabbage a day - stinky!
Shark ticklerShark tickler
Shark tickler

Will making friends with the locals!
Monster of the deep!Monster of the deep!
Monster of the deep!

Will scared all the fish off!
Lego WhaleLego Whale
Lego Whale

Just like cuddling Will, although less stubble!
Cockle BayCockle Bay
Cockle Bay

The view of Kings St Wharf from the maratime museum


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb