Day 56


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
June 17th 2010
Published: June 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Circular key and the opera house is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world right up there with time square, Eiffel tower and Niagara falls. This morning it was scene to one of Philips biggest faux pas after loading up on McDonalds pancakes, fruit and too much water he developed a bad stitch early in his run by the time he stumbles into circular key becoming light headed and ultra nausea he cant make it to the public toilet and hurls his breakfast in to the harbour in front of aghast school children and Japanese tourists. he then does his fasted mile ever to get away from scene. If Paula Radcliffe can have stomach troubles while running in public it happens to all the great athletes Philip claims.

Things go from bad to worse in Double bay where he takes a wrong turn and runs down the drive of some luxury home near where Russell Crowe’s $14m penthouse is. Some irate South African threatens to call the police so he hastily leaves again hardly the gladiator.

By the time he get to Rose bay after 13miles is dawns on him he lost the key to his gym locker with his wallet bag and more importantly me in. in fact he cant remember taking it out and things he may of left key in locker. With his knee throbbing and a bad blister on toe stumbles to nearest bus stop


It took about 2hour 25 to get to Rose bay it takes as long to get back on the bus to the city and crawl the last mile and half to the Ian Thorpe aquatic centre where low and below he has left key in locker with all his worldly belongings in...and me thou nobody has taken anything good grief.

recovering in the sauna he meets a Everton fan who has been here 11 years so after taking nonsense to him for 3/4 hour he realised he has been in sauna far too long and stumbles out nearly fainting.

This is the last day of the ten days we had the Ian Thorpe pool and we will miss it, it has been a great base for us and we will have to try and blag another city gym for a week now.

I fear after today’s events we will not be going far tomorrow it now just over two weeks till the Gold coast half marathon, and after speaking to bobby on the phone who had a bad night we are more determind than ever.

Our Run





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb