Day 2 - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
March 20th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have explorer tickets for the boat around Sydney Harbour today. Didn't sleep much because of air conditioning - reported it. Called at Paddy's market on the way to Darling Harbour. Bought a hat each, and Chris bought aq back pack bag - very nice. I'm sure Michael would like one, might get him one.
Boarded boat, took lots of photos. Opera House and Sydney Harbour bridge are even more amazing than you think they are going to be, uttertly, utterly marvellous. Especially so today as an old sailing ship was going under the nbridge as we went past - even the crew on the boat were taking photos!
Saw a fort in the Harbour, and a place called Shark Island, and then we decided to get off at Taronga Zoo. Got the cable carup to the start of the zoo. Fabulous views. Had a Koala encountert, and had our photos taken with some very sleepy koalas.
Went around the zoo which was wonderful. Very informative and friendly staff,m who are obviously very proud of both their zoo and their country.
Got backon the explorer and went to Watsons Quay. Said to have the oldest seafood restaurant in Australia "Doyles" Went a walk up to the cliffs. A bit of a "touristy" place, but very pretty.
Took boat to Circular Quay, and explored the oldest part of Sydney "The Rocks" Lovely. A big street market, lots of old shops and little streets. Had lunch there.
Walked a good way back towards the hotel, then took monorail to stop near Hotel.
Air conditioning not fixed so we moved rooms. Now at top of Hotel, with a 4 bedded room.
Went out to a different pub "The Quarrymans" a bettting place with lots of screens etc. John and Sylv would love it. Had kebab again on way back. Slept well in new room.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb