Sunshine in Sydney - AT LAST!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Newtown
November 12th 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We awoke to almost brilliant sunshine! WOOHOO!! The sun at last!! We checked out of the hostel and had a wander down the road to chinatown where there was a huge market that I'd been told I'd be able to find someone to unblopck my mobile at last. After a bit of a chase around here there and everywhere I did managed to find a guy who'd do it for me - yay! We then went out to enjoy Sydney while the sun was shining!!

We went staright back to where Joe had showed us the day befoer, Circular Quays, where you catch the ferries and where the harbour bridge and opera house can be seen. We decided to first attempt to walk up to the top of the bridge to have a look out over the opera house. The price for climbing up over the bridge and even to the top of the towers of the bridge were astronomicals o we satisfied ourselves with a view of the opera house form the road level, knowing that we'd at least be able to eat for the rest of the week!! By the side of th entrance to the bridge was a really lovely weekend market, with loads of really love hand crafted stuff, including some stunnign lampshades that Amy and I purchased and also some hand crafted boomerangs, which were stunning but rather pricey at $100!! From there we walked over to the Opera house to get some photos of it in the sun. It had been fairly impressive yesterday but in the sun it was amazing! We spent the remainder of the afternoon walking about the botanical gardens and watching all the wedding parties as they stopped to have their photo's taken with the opera house in the background. After a very relaxing afternoon we went back to Newtown, only a couple of train stops away from Syndey Central station amd where our new hostel was. On checking into our room for the next few days AMy and I were incredibly disheartened to see the state of it. It was a tiny room at any rate, but they'd out 3 bunk beds in it and 3 of the beds were taken by German girls who were stopping in Syndey for a few months and who's completely taken over the room. I had to sleep with my backpack pretty much in much bed with me there was so little space for the rest of us. It was ridiculous, and had it not been for the fact that everywhere else was booked and also the fact that the rest of the hostel was lovely, we would've had no qualms in demanding our money back and looking elsewhere. Ah well, it's only a few days.

After a quick change we both headed back into the City to meet u with a friend of Any's from home, Cathy, who was living in Sydney for some cheap dinner and a few drinks. We were also joined by a friend of Cathy's, Jen, and had a really good evening! Also the cheapest dinner I think I've ever had - $5 for steaka nd chips - awesome!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb