Stupid Rain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Newport
February 13th 2010
Published: February 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Canberra was very nice. We had a tour of Parliament and the war memorial. Best of all I got to go to Ali Babas which is this delicious middle eastern food chain that I used to eat all the time when I lived here. Also Penny made me Anzac Biscuits which are the yummyist things in the world. I am already eatten the whole dozen lol.

We made it to Sydney. Unfortunately when we walked off the bus it was pouring, the streets were flooded, and to get across the Harbor Bridge we had to drive through a few inches of water. After the bridge a creek had formed across the highway and I thought we were going to have to turn around. The house we are staying at is in North Sydney, it is the holiday house for a friend of the Swedish girls. The house is amazing, two bedrooms, a block from the beach, full kitchen, etc. Oh and did I mention its free. The only downsides are it is 45 minutes from the city and it has cockroches 😞 They are just because of the heat but still with the spiders and cockroches it is getting even harder to sleep (I guess that leaves more time to party). But it does feel really good to be able to unpack and stay in one place for a while. We went food shopping (so expensive) so we will be able to save money by not eatting out so much. Tonight we are going out in the city and I already have a feeling that it is going to be a huge ordeal. We have to take a bus (55minutes) to Sydney, the clubs close at 3am and then we are hoping there will be a late night bus coming back or else we will to take a cab home, or the other thought is to eat at a 24 hours diner until 5 and then catch the first morning bus back out. We really need to make tonight count because we all won't be able to afford doing this again.

To celebrate that stupid holiday tomorrow we are having a girls night. Making dinner, drinking wine, and watching a movie. The rain is supposed to let up on Monday so hopefully by Tuesday we will be sun-tanning on the beach. The internet cafe is a little ways from our house so I don't know when I will be able to write again but I will try soon. Miss you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb