Fore or Five? We're just learning...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
June 15th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a fabulous day we had Monday. The sun was shining bright as we woke up nice and early at 8am (8am is now early to us!) and walked down the road to the Balgowlah Golf Course. Yes, that’s right, we’re taking some golf lessons whilst were in Sydney. Son & Kevin, we know you’ll be impressed!

Our instructor is Ollie, who is a very amiable Aussie. We spent an hour putting and chipping and it was great fun! Next lesson is in a week’s time when we’re back from our trip to Uluru/Melbourne.

After the lesson, we got to experience a very exciting event in Balgowlah: the opening of the new mall. We came THIS close to getting Maja and Steve a free shopping basket on wheels, which we know they’re gutted about missing out on. The new mall is very nice, although there are an abundant number of patisseries, we’re not sure how they will all be successful.

As we’d picked up a couple bottles of wine we decided to drink a couple out on the deck and we discussed our schedule for August, as it is still largely unplanned. Not sure we came to any conclusions but it was still a good discussion, no doubt due to the wine.

Maja and Steve came home from work with dinner in hand from the local Indian take-away. See picture of yummy meal.

Went to bed early for our VERY early morning adventure on Tuesday…



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb