Day 4 - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
November 6th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Frank on a half-shellFrank on a half-shellFrank on a half-shell

Frank posing in front of the Manly Ferry...wow, so many jokes come to mind!
Today’s weather was perfect and we decided to take a ferry over to Manly Beach. We walked along the beach to Shelly Beach but decided to camp out at Manly Beach proper. The chilling dip in the Pacific Ocean was refreshing and the water was beautiful. The sights at the beach weren’t so shabby either… We had the luxury of watching a local rugby team parade down the walk along the beach!

Manly is a small resort area located along the North Head of Sydney Harbor. It was a short 20 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. Many locals commute daily from Manly to down town Sydney via the ferries. Not a bad gig!

We took the ferry back to Circular Quay and rested up and cleaned up at the hotel prior to heading over to the Sydney Opera House for a performance of Mozart’s Requiem. We were both amazed by the sound and beauty inside the Concert Hall during tonight’s performance by the Sydney Philharmonic.

After the show, we ventured up to the Rocks in order to find a place to eat and then back to the hotel to conclude another wonderful day in Sydney.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Manly Police StationManly Police Station
Manly Police Station

Hey, I couldn't resist!
Manly Beach - The CorsoManly Beach - The Corso
Manly Beach - The Corso

This is the pedestrian mall which connects Sydney Harbor (and the ferries) to the Pacific Ocean beach! We had lunch here...DeLiCiOuS fish and chips!
Manly BeachManly Beach
Manly Beach

Shelly Beach is the small beach that wraps around towards the top of the photo. The water was clear and crisp with a strong/fun surf. We opted to not embarrass ourselves by avoiding the surfing classes...but enjoyed watching others partake.
Sydney PhilharmonicSydney Philharmonic
Sydney Philharmonic

Inside Sydney Opera House Concert Hall. Mozart's Requiem (iPhone photo)
Sydney by Night - Opera HouseSydney by Night - Opera House
Sydney by Night - Opera House

Here's a shot looking back at the Opera House after the performance. Plenty of people enjoying this warm Spring evening.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb