A view from the top!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
June 16th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we found a new hostel closer to the town centre. We stayed in a YHA again which was a bit pricey at $34 a night but was worth it as it was so clean and lovely!!

A family friend of Sophia's, David, who lives just the other side of Sydney had very kindly offered to give us a guided tour, so he collected us and drove us around all day showing us the sights from the warmth and confort of his car!! He took us all around the centre of Sydney and then took us over the bridge. We went to Balmoral Beach and Manly Beach where we saw surfers braving the massive stormy waves. After some coffee and some lunch he took us to his flat, which had absolutely stunning views of the bay to one side and on the other side views of the Opera House and Sydney Bridge. It was lovely!!! He also cracked open some champagne which went down very nicely!! Although a little grey and drisley still, the views were spectacular.

At around dinner time, he kindly drove us back and dropped us off as it continued to pelt it down. We ate on site at the Hostel and carefully budgeted our meal for the day. (It is now considered a 'treat' to have a meal in a day and luxuries include fruit juice, tea and coffee.) We had no idea Sydney was so expensive!!!!! Aughhh!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb