Woolloomooloo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
November 27th 2011
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We decided to check out some areas of Sydney that we hadn’t been to before today, so it was another day of walking!

We started with a walk down to Darling Harbour where we got an ice-cream and enjoyed views of the Cruise ship which had docked in the harbour. We then walked on further to the Opera House where we were hoping to see the Sunday markets, but they seemed to be missing that day! So we continued walking around the coast line, through the Botanical Gardens and around Farm Cove onto to Mrs Macquarie’s Chair and Mrs Macquarie’s Point. From here we continued around the coast line to Woolloomooloo Bay, passing the Andrew Charlton outdoor pool and on down to Finger Wharf.

We decided it was time for a well-earned rest when we arrived, so had a couple of drinks in the Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel with views of Finger Wharf whilst we rested our feet. There were a few Navy ships parked up in Woolloomooloo Bay so we walked up along Cowper Wharf Road to get a better look. From here we walked along a few back streets through Potts Point and up to Kings Cross where we were planning to get some dinner in a Chinese Dumpling Bar, but when we arrived it looked like it had shut up shop, so we started to make our way home, walking down William Street and across Hyde Park back to the flat.

Our feet were tired and aching after 2 full days of walking so we made use of the facilities at the flat and had a swim, Jacuzzi and sauna to rest our aching muscles before an evening of Skype calls with family back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Mrs Macquarie's PointMrs Macquarie's Point
Mrs Macquarie's Point

Will pointing out the sights


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb