Time will strip it away, a year and a day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
January 19th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Queenstown



Hello! I've just received an email from the travelblgo website asking me to come back as its been over 2 months since I even logged in. I think thats a sign for me to write a blog although way more than ever before I am no longer writing about recent events but the past. Never the less, I still wont leave a hole in what I've done so here is gonna be a quick summary of what I got up to in the last four or five weeks I was in New Zealand for. This is basically covering the mnoth of August as on 1st of Septemner I arrived in Sydney where I remained untill now. Ifact about 32 mins ago I booked a one way flight out of here to leave a week on Wednesday to pastures new and exciting (IE Melbourne!) Its also been over a year now since I set foot on Englist soil - amazing! I literally can;t believe its been so long and my return flight has now officially expired too so whenever I want to come home I'll just have to earn some money for another one! 😊

Anyway, enough of that.... My last month in New Zealand was pretty much spent in Queenstown. This is one of my favourtue places ever! Its so cool there, sitting over a beautiful lake surrounded by snow capped mountains and list of actvies so long you could spend $1,000,000 easy just racking up your adrenaline levels. I managed to do two bungee jumps there, (the 2nd of which was funded by a lucky night at the casino the day before) both of which were unreal. One from nearly 150m over a a huge valley and the other geting dunked into a freezing cold river at the bottom. Amazing! That, along with a couple of other things took up my first week there along with lots of partying with eth guys who I had been on the Kiwi bus with as well as eating lots of the local delicasy - The Fergburger. Officially the best burger in eth world and you can confirm this with anyone else who has ever visited Queenstown!

Other highlights of my time there was 3 days spent snow boarding which i loved after never trying it before. I was in a lot of pain afterwards physically and menatally after falling over about 7000 times as some smart 4yd who'd obviously been born in teh snow skiied round me but still it was awesome! I also went on another 3 day trip which has been included in my original bus ticket down to to far south of New Zealand which was lots of fun as saw some great coasts/waterfalls etc which although is standard in New Zealand was still great. And also a trip to the famous Milford Sound (after waiting 5 days in a row for the road tehre to clerar with snow. This made it even more impressive as the whoel plave was white but teh weather was so sunny. As i think i have failed to do ni prevous NZ blogs I cant really desicribe teh endless beauty all around and this was extended on teh trip i took back from Queenstown to Franz Joseph, the home of one of NZ's largest glaciers where we had missed out on the way down due to the weather on the glacier "being able to kill you" on the day we were there. On my trip round teh south I had met a couple called Alex and Katie who in a legendary move actually changed the whole direction of the trip they were due to take in their campervan round teh south island to let me ride with them back to the glacier. The day we drove up was amazing, unlike the way down, as the weather was great and the views on the west coast between Queenstown and Franz Jospeh as ridiculous!!!

After that amazing day teh following had a lot to live up to but the glacier walk its-self didnt disapoint. If I had to pick one high light of teh whole 2 months (which is basuically impossible) that would probabaly be it. Spending 8 hours trecking up and round on teh huge frozen river jammed in teh middle of a valley is ever harder work that it sounds but it was sooo cool. Its not like anything else I've done plus I had a great group and guie so we were having fun all the way round too!

Anyway, in a largest nutshell that was Queenstown. After that I spent 2 days in Christchurst which was pretty uneventful as by this point I was limiting myself to doing nothing and eating only noodles in order to save money. I then had to fly back to Auckland in order to get my flight to Sydney, which I did no problems and then spent 4 days doing basically nothing at all in a city with nothing much to offer. I did on one day go to tghe iMax on my own to watch Batman - man, that was good! 😊

So thats it, I have finally caught up to teh end of my "travels" and now just need to fill in the last 5 months in Sydney (which has been so cool) I cant beleieve I leaving here so soo actually but its def the right call (plus I'm getting evicted from my flat but I was leaving anyway...)

Right, so standardly thank you for reading this as always. Infact more so than alsways as if you've read this it actually means you are still n teh mailing list or have checked the website and after my shockingly poor efforts on this over the last few months thats even all the more admirable. So thank you.

I hope you all have great Xmas's and stuff and that this year will be a good un blah blah etc. Always feel free to get in touch and I will see you......hmmm, who know. But I will def see you!

Andy x

P.S. I've just tried uploading some pics but this PC is having none of it so sorry for that. They will follow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb