Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sydney Mardi Gras

Here goes for probably our last entry from Australia.

Arrived in Sydney last Wednesday and took full advantage of the very comfortable hotel room after so many weeks in the tent (even though that was surprisingly comfortable too) (Paul is very sad tht he has now sold it)

Had to change hotels on Friday as Sydney is full due to the 30th Annual Mardi Gras and made the mistake of overdoing things at the Bars on Oxford Street the night before. Checked into the new hotel, grabbed ourselves a nice greasy fry up and again took full advantage of the comfy bed.

Went to watch the Mardi Gras parade on Saturday evening, then a quick change back at the Hotel for the Mardi Gras party at Fox Studios. Finally staggered back to our Hotel at 8am the next morning in the pouring rain with very sore feet. After a few hours sleep we headed over to Luna Park for the post Mardi Gras party on Sunday afternoon. All in all a very tiring but very enjoyable weekend.

Took it easy on Monday and jumped on a ferry over the harbour to Taronga Zoo.

Enjoying Sydney much more this time around. Not sure if it is because Mardi Gras is in town or if its just the post Olympic Sydney but there is definately much more of a buzz to the place than previously experienced (its also much more expensive than last time around)

Due to fly to Thailand on Wednesday for 19 days then back to sunny old London on the 25th March.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. We have missed you all far too much now.

G&PXXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



3rd March 2008

HELLO
Hi Boys Can't wait to see you when you get back, its not long now and 6 months have flown by. Love Kim
4th March 2008

soooo jealous!
Hi Guys, you've made Amanda and i so very jealous the last 6 months :-) Look forward to catching up properly when you're back in old Blighty! Safe journey home xx

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb