First day in Sydney - The Aquarium


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
January 19th 2011
Published: January 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

There is not too much of a time difference between Australia and Hong Kong. Depending on where in Australia it is about 5 hours behind. We flew through the day on another 747 plane into Sydney. Sydney is not the capital of Australia, Canberra is. Sydney is in New South Wales. This is located at the bottom right hand side of the map of Australia. Most people think that Sydney is the capital as it has 4.5 million people living there and is the most popular place to live.

When we arrived in Sydney the temperature was 23 degrees at midnight. There was a sick man on our flight so it took a while to get off the plane. We got a taxi to our hotel which was in a famous place called Darling Harbour. It was dark so I could not see much. When we got to the hotel mum called it a dump. It was not very nice but it was very close to everything. Mum said that Sydney was very very expensive.

On our first day we decided that we would explore my favourite topic. Animals. Mum organised a visit to Sydney Aquarium and also to Wildlife World. The are both in Darling Harbour.

Sydney Aquarium is one of the biggest aquariums in the world and is home to thousands of species of fish and sea creatures. When we got there mum told me that she had arranged a surprise for me. She told me that I was allowed to go backstage and feed the sharks by hand. It was really exciting. We were taken to the place where the shark and fish food is kept and we grabbed this and took it upstairs to the top of the aquarium where we got on a little boat that floated above the whole aquarium. I could see lots of sharks and fish right below . When we got to the middle of the water the trainer gave me a bucket with lots and lots of different fish in it. I spent ages throwing all this over the side and watched lots of fish come to eat. When I started throwing the bigger fish food over the side a great big shark came up from under the boat and grabbed the fish. It was really scary and exciting.

After that we went back downstairs and looked at all the sharks and the fish through the windows. It was amazing and like being underwater with them. We saw lots of displays of thousands of fish and tropical animals like dudgeons , turtles and crocodiles and I got to see Nemo the clown fish. It was my favourite place in Sydney.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb