Sydney Day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We awoke this morning not having slept very well - probably because of jet lag and concern about our all day tour of the Blue Mountain and River Cruise. What did we see when we opened the curtains this morning - wind and rain - it was like this for the whole of our visit to Sydney. The locals were telling us that they were having the coldest October for many years. The tour guide on our coach even told us that we likely to encounter some SNOW on our trip today. Would you belive it - SNOW. We had to remind ourselves that this is actually Australia the land of the great outdoors. Anyway onto the trip.

We have to set it right from the onset that this tour is the best we have ever been on - because - of the excellent tour guide, Brett and the locations which are amazing. The Blue Mountains are a must see visit onanybodys itiniery. Never mind that it was wet and windy and many of the other trippers were dressed in shorts and teeshirts. It was still worth every Australian cent.

Our first stop was to the Feathersdale Wildlife Park where had many close encounters with Kangaroos, Koala Bears, Wombarts etc. and lots and lots of different birds. Just wait to see the photos - l do hope to put some onto this blog where facilities will allow.

After lunch in Kootumga (where it snowed on us) we travelled onto the Three Sisters National Park where the views of the Australian countryside were breathtaking. We travelled on cablecars down to the Canyon floor walked through a Rainforest, and it rained, had a walk in the bush, and it rained. I would dearly to put up some photos but the facilities, so far, dont allow. After a couple of other visits we had were a short tour of the Sydney Olympic Park and a sail cruise on the Paramatta River back to Circular Quay in Sydney.. We then decided to walk back to the Hotel through what the locals called 'The Rocks' which is situated between Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. We got lost, asked the way and discovered Tony Romas restuarant on the way. We, of course then decided where we were eating that night. For Zoe's benefit, the ribs were excellent.

After the meal we decided to head in the opposite way from the tourists and find somewhere the locals go for a drink. The place we found was situated on Sussex Street and is called the Star Hotel. A really interesting place to visit. I suppose you could liken it to a old English tavern. The only difference would be that is largely populated by those of an Asian ethnic background.

Anyway in conclusion - we had a brilliant day met brilliant people and saw some brilliant places.

Rumour has it and don't remind Nancy. but Nancy even mentioned the possibility of a return visit. But again l ask you not to remind her of that comment. We shall see!!!














Advertisement



27th October 2008

wey hey
hey fianally able to get theblog at home!!!!
28th October 2008

Hiya
Thanks for that. Had LAMB for my birthday party. Surprise Surprise Pleased you can keep up. Hope you enjoy the photos from the last entry

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.5kb