Leaving the Rain Behind...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
April 28th 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone. Well, I thought we would have posted a blog by now, but we’ve been flat out just coping with jet lag and some crazy sightseeing. Anyway, hope to improve in the future. One of the good things about the US of A is that wireless is pretty much everywhere.....

So our departure from Sydney was a teeny bit stressful, but our belongings are now safely stored away for the next ten or so months. Thanks to Shiner and Bec for putting us up for a night. And to Mal, Andrew, Cindy and Sturt for our night out in Newcastle (Cindy those photos on Facebook really are embarrassing). Our week in Kempsey was great; although I really underestimated how much ‘admin’ we had to sort out. I’m feeling a bit sorry for dad. He got five tonnes of mulch delivered, thinking we would be out in the garden all week, but of course it rained every single day we were home. How is that pile looking in the front yard?

Dinner with the family in Darling Hbr on the night before we flew out was, as always, very funny. We have posted our celebrity photo (note whatshisname from Biggest Loser in the background of one of the pics of Sean and I).

So the flight was eventful for both of us, but in rather different ways. While Sean was busy with his Movie Marathon (note five movies in about 14 hours), I was busy being very very sick in the toilets. Have been unable to pinpoint the exact cause, however, probably the combination of pre-flight champagne and berry pancakes, chicken stirfry, a hot chocolate and tight jeans didn’t help. On the upside though, I did feel fine on landing in LA.

After passing through customs, we jumped on the Mickey Mouse bus for the Disneyland Express... and arrived in Anaheim two hours before we left Sydney......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb