Our second stint in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
April 8th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Back into Sydney after our trekking in the Blue mountains we were knackered and needed a night in. We checked into Wake Up! which is by far the nicest hostel we have stayed in so far and then spent the evening catching up on washing and a hearty dinner before chilling out with some more Goon... ( you can see the trend... hehe)
We ended up meeting 5 lads from Loughborough who were in their gap years which meant Sarah kept mentioning places in Lufs that me and Ali had no idea about. We chatted to the early hours of the morning which meant most of the next morning was spent lying in.

Our last full day in Sydney wasn't productive as planned so we ended catching up on emails/photos before a brief trip to Bondi beach. It wasn't the best of weathers for the beach and Bondi was just not as good as Manly so after a spot of lunch we went for a walk along the beach and then headed back to the hostel.

Since it was our last night, we made it big. It was a dash to get back to the hostel, get ready and eat but soon we were on the Goon again! lol.

Our night continued in the Bar below the hostel - Side Bar where we saw a live band playing - well a guy with his guitar with a fiddler who accompanied him. He played some good covers, a few Crowded House songs as well as John Mayer - to my surprise.

Once the sets had finished we moved onto Scruffy Murphys where we carried on drinking and dancing into the night. We were soon to regret this the next morning as we had to check out and get a bus onwards up the coast. Getting up was difficult, let alone pack up to check out! We eventually made and mustered up enough energy to get us onto the coach and that was Goodbye to Sydney. We had fun there but it was time to move on..
Next stop - quick stops - Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour.

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb