Sydney 12th Sep


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee Beach
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we have arrived in Sydney, and the apartment is fantastic. I have gone from living in a shoebox to a 2 bed, 2 bathroom trendy place overlooking the sea! The town, Coogee is also great, loads of little shops, restaurants and foody places. The beach is at the end of the road and we are only 20 minutes on the bus to the city. Strangely there are loads of brits. I am also happy because I have managed to buy marmite and the latest copy of Heat magazine - who says I'm hard to please!?

So we spent the first few days just finding our feet, finding a park and cooking, yes it is great to have an oven again. First thing on order....some roast potatoes, and then some baking with the kids and jacket potatoes and a roasted joint, I've not missed it too much, honest!

We caught a bus into Sydney (we are only 20 mins away) and headed straight to the harbour. It was strange to see the harbour bridge and opera house, such iconic sights that we have seen on so many things (and for the kids - on Finding Nemo), so to be there was amazing. Steve turned into David Bailey and took a million photos!
We really like the feel of the vibe of the city, it reminds us of New York and there are lots of young trendy types. Also there seems to be a lot to do, with sights, musuems, parks etc, so that should keep us busy until steve starts his course on 28th sep.

We have been into the city a few times now, so far we have managed to see Darling Harbour and a musuem there and a trip on the monorail. On another day we walked for about a trillion miles to try to get on the city open tour bus, but when we found a stop, we couldn't get on there, it was all a bit complex for our weary legs, so we went to another musuem.(the Australian Musuem) It turned out a good choice, because it was the one of the best ones we ever have been too. The dinosaur bit was excellent, we thought Noah would love it, but it was all a bit too realistic for him and he was really scared!

I can't remember if I have already mentioned this, but Bella seems to have a new passion for trying new foods. She has tried Kangaroo (not impressed) and she recently ate baby octopus (loves it!) and she really wants to try crocodile, sharks fin sushie and fried green ants, how bizarre! (we kept seeing the ants and i told her that in some countries people eat them, so now she wants to).

Ps. the bites have gone down now (we have been back a week) just a few scabs left now - I should be able to shave my legs soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb