Sydney Soccer


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Centennial Park
December 22nd 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The dedicated Sydney FC fansThe dedicated Sydney FC fansThe dedicated Sydney FC fans

They kept the singing and chanting going throughout the whole game
We were given some free tickets to the ‘soccer’ to watch Sydney FC Vs Adelaide Utd. Randomly they were given to us by a friend of a friend who is visiting Sydney, and she had been given them by someone in a shop who had them as complimentary tickets… clearly these were hot property having been handed around so many people. Not wanting to pass on such a highlight in the sporting calendar we took advantage of them and headed over to Centennial Park to watch the game.

It wasn’t full capacity… in fact I would be surprised if it was even a fifth full, but it was a warm sunny evening so we got ourselves the obligatory beer and chips and settled down to watch the game. There were some die-hard fans at the match who kept us entertained with their singing and cheers of encouragement. It was 2-2 at the final whistle… although Will thinks the skill level was below that of Watford, with the highlight of the evening being Domino's pizza being served in the ground!

Can’t wait for our return visit to watch Sydney FC Vs Central Coast Mariners – we should never have listened to the Australian endorsements of their local football team!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Jo getting into the 'soccer' spiritJo getting into the 'soccer' spirit
Jo getting into the 'soccer' spirit

with the obligatory pint and chips
The officials warming up!The officials warming up!
The officials warming up!

They even had a female lines-woman


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb