Sydney - Bondi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
February 20th 2015
Published: February 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, we're currently down at Bondi Beach watching the surfers ride the waves. Looks hard work if you ask me, we've had a dip in the water and it's cold. It looks a dull day, very cloudy but it is very hot, quite a few people are down here sunbathing. They have surf schools here, each group are in different colour surf gear. Right now we are in the RSL club having lunch, it is right on the front and we have a fantastic view of the beach so watching the surfers as we tuck in. We ordered sweet potato wedges and king prawns and salad, huge portions and very cheap. Apparently the RSL stands for Return Services League, they have photos up of the service men who lost their lives at war. If you are local you have to join, but if you are a visitor you can get in for nothing without a member. It seems like more and more people are turning up to surf, but it is now the end of the working day so that's probably why. Everyone said to me you won't be impressed with Bondi, but I am, I really like it, it sure beats Weston Shore !!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb