Paddy's day and Bondi beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
March 17th 2011
Published: April 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy St. Paddy’s day!!! This morning we decided to head over to Paddy’s Market which is a big market in Central Sydney. We hopped on the train and switched trains at Town hall. We found our way to the market which is in the heart of Chinatown. The first thing we see when we walk in is hockey jerseys! Ice hockey for all you non-canadians haha.

They were so cheap but good quality. $45 for an Iginla jersey!!!! I already have 3 flames jerseys so I didn’t need another one and no room in my backpack! Dad however found a dodgers jersey for $15 so he was really excited and bought one to wear down in Arizona when he goes to ball games.

Most of the stalls were similiar or the same selling everything from ipod cases to asian influenced clothes. We had a walk around and didn’t find too many things any of us were interested in buying. We did have a look over at the fruit and vegetable market and found the prices to be quite a bit cheaper then the supermarkets so we bought a few pieces of fruit to have. Dad stopped in at a pawn shop and decided to buy a digital camera they had there. We decided to head back to our apartment in King’s Cross for lunch and then we got changed and made our way to Bondi beach. It was easy to get to but the train gets you to Bondi junction where you have to hop on a local bus to get to the beach but it’s very easy to figure out.

We spent the afternoon at the famous beach. Dad and I went to play in the waves again but I found these waves even more powerful then the ones on the gold coast. So I didn’t stay in the water for long. As we were coming out of the water though dad felt something on his foot and pulled off a tiny jellyfish. He was stung so mom and I sent him to the lifeguard tower.

They told him not to worry and to go wash it with a bit of fresh water. Apparently it happens a lot. They have change rooms at the beach so we all got changed into dry clothes and caught the bus back to Bondi Junction which is also a huge shopping mall. We stopped in for a coffee and I bought mom and dad a hot jam donut which is an Australian icon.

It was a good day and Bondi beach is very picturesque and now I know why it’s as famous as it is. A stunning beach in the middle of the city with good waves to surf on and play in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb