Bondi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
February 22nd 2010
Published: February 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

In our last days in Sydney I am really trying to see everything which has been fun. On Sunday Rochelle and I did this 7 mile hike in Manly which was an experience. We decided to do the hike reverse so that we could end up in Manly rather than Sydney, what we didn't know was that this meant it was all uphill 😞 Luckily we starting hiking at around 10:30am so the weather was okay, but the temperature rose fast and by the time we finished the hike after 2 it was well into the late 90s/early 100s. The views were amazing, we got great pictures of the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, and various beaches. We saw so many lizards as well, and not America's small ones, I'm talking about lizards the size of my arm. However the best part of the walk was no doubt the bathrooms at the end of it. They were electric (like the ones you pay to use in sf except you didn't have to pay for these), clean, and awesome. So you push a button to get the door to open, once your inside the door locks and a voice tells you you have 10 minutes to finish up. Then music comes on which was quite comforting, finally when you start washing your hands (the water, soap, and dryer were all electric) the toilet automatically flushes. Then the door opens are you are let out. Aside from the self-cleaning toilets in Germany this is a public toilet I have no problem using. After the hike we rewarded ourselves with giant hamburgers and beer.

Monday we finally made it out to Bondi Beach. It took two hours to get there on the bus/train but it was worth it. The beach was gorgeous, by far the best beach I have ever seen. The sea was very fine and so white it was blinding, the water was crystal blue and so shallow you could walk out probably 1/4 mile. It was very crowded was still nice. The city around it had all these great shops and cafes which kept us busy for the whole day.

Finally on today's agenda is out last full day out in Sydney and we will be topping it off with a nice late night dinner as well.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb