Three Bits O' News


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 28th 2006
Published: January 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It's another 'bobby-dazzler' down here (bright, sunny, day in Oz-Speak). We already hit the beach this morning before the crowds descended. I suppose that's one of the advantages to the early morning routine that a toddler demands. We don't get to sleep in, but we do get to hang out at the beach nice and early.

So a few bits of fun news from our camp. First, The Beverly Citizen, a local newspaper from our hometown back in the U.S., has started running a series of columns that I'm writing about life down here. Of course they are mostly just shortened versions of my favorite blog entries - - let me know which ones you've liked the best so far and which ones I should, under no circumstances, consider reusing!

The bigger, more exciting announcement this week, was that Les received a promotion! It's huge news and we are all thrilled and of course so proud of him. He'll be getting a real office back in America so feel free to send him all your decorating ideas - he prefers cluttered, busy spaces.

Finally, hot off the press, just a few hours ago, Ryan Andrew was born to my cousin's Sarah and Kurt. Congrats guys! We're so happy for all of you and can't wait to meet him.

Have great weekends everyone.

Advertisement



30th January 2006

Promotion
Congratulations Les!! That's wonderful!
30th January 2006

Esther - good news about the Beverley Citizen, i knew someone would publish your journals. Congrats on the birth of the babe and the promotion too. Tim, England
30th January 2006

Congrats!
Congrats, Les. Hope all is well. Love your blogs! I def think the IKEA bus driver should be included. KC
30th January 2006

Page from Cousin Dan's book...
Cousin Dan finally decorated his office and it's full of carved masks and printed cloth from his Africa trip - perhaps you could pick up some stuffed cockatoos and beach items to decorate Les' office with artifacts from his Australia trip? BD!
30th January 2006

favorites
Ok Esther, As you know, I love reading about your adventures. I think it's great that you are going to be published-- I think you should get a book deal!! Anyway, three of my favorite entries are "Weekend Adventures", "Encounter with Wildlife" and "Up to your ankles in Bats" and of course the "Good, Cheap Furniture".

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb