Australia (Wet) Day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 28th 2009
Published: February 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well the pommy curse struck again and following a long heat wave in Sydney the clouds formed and rain was scheduled for the next few days . . . soon as I got off the plane! After a great week up on the gold coast got back to Sydney and spent the day on a drive with our Roslyn, Eleanor and Garry round the coast over looking the city - went up to the The Gap and North / South End points where Captain Cook first came into Sydney. Good to see the city from a distance and we finished the day in Watsons Bay, which is a brilliant setting with a small beach - people just pull up in their little boats for a something to eat or drink . . cool.

On Monday went into Sydney for Australia Day with Ros and Kirsty as we had a cruise booked for the evening - it was looking good weather wise and we met up with a couple more pommes (Ste and Nicola) in the park . . . walked through the city and they had plenty of Aussie day things going and a massive display of vintage cars in the centre of town. Started having a few drinks in the harbour and the down pour began - we stayed in the rain like true Brits for as long as we could but gave in and took shelter. Was a real good time with Steve and Nicola and we couldn’t stop laughing how similar it was to a summers day in England! Kirsty kept putting Aussie tattoos on everyone and as you can see on the photos we all had a good laugh. Made our way to the cruise to meet Eleanor and Garry, and spent the next hour getting drenched on the river - still a good time and one to remember . . .

Spent my last day in Sydney down Bondi beach with Roslyn and Melanie, Steve and Nicola joined us for drinks on Bondi later on. Had a table booked in Watsons Bay at the famous fish restaurant Doyles, overlooking the beach - we all had a great time and the food, drink and company was all brilliant. Perfect evening on the weather front and the setting doesn’t get much better . . superb way to finish my last night in Australia!

Have found Australia amazing and the people great. Would love to spend more time exploring the rest of this country . . best thing though has been meeting the family .. they're all great and have offered to let me come and live with them . . ;o)

Have loved it . . .

Got to New Zealand on the 28th Jan . . . which is absolutely stunning!!!

Will update soon . . .



Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb