Holiday is offically over


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
September 12th 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Down Under!

We have made it to Oz finally. After leaving the Camron Highlands in Malaysia we went to Malacca in Malaysia. Malacca is a strange old place. We arrived on a Thurday evening after another horriffic bus ride where we were put on a different bus to the one we purchased tickets from and then thrown off at KL where we had to purchase another ticket and get on a different bus. Suppose should be used to this really but it is still really annoying.

So we arrived and the place was dead. There were about 4 people around the centre, which was pretty worrying. The next day we went exploring the place and I must say it is very similiar to Hoi Ann, minus all the tailors. It is really pretty and everything but I felt like I had seen it all before.

That evening we went back to China Town and it was like we were in a different place. There was about a million people around and a really cool night market. It was much livelier. We tried the local food (laksa) which was really nice and looked at the stall, which included some puppies you could buy for less than a pound which looked pretty dead but really fluffy and some dye to dye the fur of your gerbills. Very strange!

Next day it was independence day in Malaysia so to celebrate Malacca had about 3 fireworks and the same night market on. With the added extra of people line dancing in the street all night! It was all very strange!

Next stop was Tioman Island. This was a strange place as it says in the tour books that Tioman is really built up and touristy but I would say it wasn't at all. I mean there was hardly anything to do and the stuff that was on offer was ridouclously over priced so we refused to do it. Instead we spent 5 days making the most of our last few days of travelling by sitting around! It was really nice actually and we stayed in a very nice beech hut with it's own bathroom - luxury!!

Then it was time to hit Singapore. We did the usual stuff in Singapore; night safari, cinema, drinking, shopping, shopping, eating, eating and eating and window shopping! I have never seen so many malls in my life or so many food courts. Was a complete culture shock as Singapore is so expensive comparred to the rest of Asia. Meant we couldn't really afford anything, although we did buy a new laptop as we need one in Oz and it's supposed to be cheap there for elctrical goods. I broke the law many times in Singapore as I did not have the pactience to wait for the green man before walking!! I mean it's just so frustrating.

We then made our way here where we have been for 3 days and have not done anything touristy. Instead we have been doing boring stuff like job hunting. Am staying with a very nice friend who has a lovely 2 bedroom flat with a massive TV!!! It's poor luxury now!! After we get jobs we will start looking for a flat which is equally as boring! Once this all happens we might actually have time to go and see Sydney.

Probably won't update this blog anymore as we aren't travelling anymore. E-mail us instead.

Steph x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb