Day 56 - Happy New Year from Bondi Beach!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 1st 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a late night we opted for a late morning and again met Stu about midday. We'd decided to have a relatively easy day with a visit to Bondi Beach with a short walk to another beach. The weather was fantastic - sunny and warm. The tube ride was busy and the bus to Bondi Beach was crammed; it seemed everyone else had the same idea as us! Bondi Beach certainly was very nice but it was also very busy so we decided to walk along the cliff top path hoping to escape some of the crowds. We didn't - it was busy everywhere! On our return to Bondi Beach we stumbled across a nightclub called Bondi Icebergs - outside where lots of people and paparatzi. Music was booming from the club and a continuous stream of dressy people came and left if approved by the bouncers. We assumed Paris Hilton was or had been visiting as we'd heard rumours while working around. It turned out she had indeed visited for a drinks promotion and we'd probably only just missed her. We spent the following hour sunbathing and had a quick swim in the sea before heading into China Town for an evening meal.

Happy New Year everyone! We hope eveyone is well and that you all enjoyed any new year celebrations. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb