Shoal Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Stephens
March 21st 2011
Published: April 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

MoonMoonMoon

Apparently a really special moon that night!
Well followers, what an interesting weekend! We were initialling heading off on the Friday, but just got too hard with the loss of an Aunty and reorgainising work for the Funeral and then we then reorganised the following week and left 6.30am Saturday 19th March 2011 and came back home on the Monday morning.

The moth and I were to meet Jen & Mick for breakfast at Shoal Bay and then book into the Caravan Park. The Harveys, Megan & Chloe, Chris & Kim and Shauna & Scotty were to arrive later. I knew from the moment we arrived and called to see how far away Jen and Mick were that it would be an interesting weekend. They hadn't yet left so we thought we would go and see if we could put our van on the site and then go and have breakfast and set up later, as we had done at other van parks...not this one, this is a very special park! The lady at reception was not very friendly at all, definately not the type of work with customer service with holiday makers. "No site available, ohhh bookin time isn't till 11, you are very early. Come
The Annexe TentThe Annexe TentThe Annexe Tent

Chloe. Told you the tent took up a lot of ground!
back later." I will give her this much she told us where we could leave the van while we waited, thinking it was a holding area so off we went to park, but no it is the local car parking area!

The Moth and I went to have breakfast at "Gilligans" great breakfast and friendly "Skipper", the cafe is set up around the Gilligan's Island show and even shows episodes on the Tele inside, nice atmosphere, nice food. we relaxed for an hour or so reading the paper, looking at the Bay and eating our lambs fry-BE-UTE-I-FULL!!

Headed back to book in-great timing Megan, Chloe, Jen & Mick just arrived as we booked in. Great sites right near the amenities.

Hassle No 1: Tent

Megan & Chloe put their small & I mean small(can't stand in it and a double blowup mattress covers the floor) 2 man tent up next to our van, after they have set up we get told they can't put it up there they have to go to the "tent area". Sorry don't get it, wasn't in anyones way and took up the space of a double mattress for one night so
the Annexe Tentthe Annexe Tentthe Annexe Tent

Chloe & the HUGE tent
it wasn't going to damage the grass! So I picked it up, on my own...that should tell you how big it was... and put it in our annexe!

All settled, planned to meet at "The Eagle" for our dinner together and also John & Katrina who live at Nelson Bay (Please John note.......NO "S"), great night, great friends, great food & drink. I got out the surprise I'd prmised since the last trip------------ Musical Instruments......... not the usual Guitars-but bells, maracca's, bongos, harminica, clackers, but I forgot to buy a................. triangle-just doesn't sound the same without the triangle....or was it the fact that none of us had a musical bone in our bodies? or was it that we were drinking? no definately not that LOL! John & Katrina left and we all headed back to our vans, it was about 10.30pm on a Saturday night.

Hassle No 2: "Bitter old woman who has forgotten what a good time is, or never had one"

I am sure it was Annette that really caused the problem....she likes a chat, but we will take the blame! We had our radio on, not loud, and having a chat with Megan &
Boys will be boysBoys will be boysBoys will be boys

Forgot to mention the games room, the boys tested out their riding skills
Chloe and the next minute the "Bitter old woman who has forgotten what a good time is or never had one" comes to our van and tells us to shutup she is trying to sleep. Sorry don't get this either, we are in a tourist park, on a Saturday Night at 11.30pm having a chat with our daughter and Chloe, with the radio in the background. I told her it was only early and we are only talking and it was a Saturday night and not that late, to which she replied, wait for it............"all noise has to cease at 10pm on any night" I couldn't help myself we kept chatting until Midnight and then called it a night.

We wake on Sunday morning and guess what "Bitter old woman who has forgotten what a good time is or never had one" is packing their van including a full wash down. 2 hours later they head off, thank God for that!

Hassle No 3: Adults being repremanded after a noise complaint.

After the "Bitter old woman who has forgotten what a good time is, or never had one" has left the Park manager comes and advises us that there has been a noise complaint! I wonder who did that LOL. I wasn't happy, I had to let "The Moth" deal with it, I've never been anywhere were I've been told to quieten down because I am making too much noise. In the end he told us that we are not to have the radio on after 10pm, he needs to get a life also. This is not a residential van park. Might I also add there were no other complaints from other vans or Security..... even during our Musical Arrangment.

Paul & Annette left early and we had a lazy Sunday doing nothing in particular, swimming, reading the papers and a wander around Nelson Bay (John note NO 'S') which is why I love this type of holiday so much.

It was late in the afternoon and the "Bitter old woman who has forgotten what a good time is ,or never had one" is walking her dogs around the park! WTF.....they must have gone to another site, I had to find out so went for a walk, sure enough there she is setup on another site, so who's laughing now, they spent 2 hours packing
Games RoomGames RoomGames Room

The Moth, Mick and Chris
up and I'm sure it would have taken another 2 hours for them to setup again! 4 hours wasted, if I ever get like that please somebody shot me. Megan & Chloe, Shauna & Scotty left, which left the original 3 couples to enjoy a beautiful meal at Shoal Bay-Pizza and Gelato. Rained overnight again and therefore more than likely a wet annexe tomorrow when we leave.

Yep I was right not soaked though, just enough for us to have to unpack the annexe and put the Ark up to dry out. So there is another adventure in our Ark. No moe until after Easter not enough weekends in a month!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Games RoomGames Room
Games Room

Mick & jenny
Games RoomGames Room
Games Room

jenny & The Moth
Games RoomGames Room
Games Room

Go Jen!!


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb