Port MacQuarie - Great place to stop!


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
April 20th 2017
Saved: August 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Excellent highways and large signage makes for easy travel for us, but not for the three dead kangaroos on route. Port Macquarie has a koala hospital close to town for sick and injured animals. Informative plaques explain the tragedy of each animal which ranges from bushfires, to being hit by vehicles, severe scoliosis, to the chlamydiosis disease which causes blindness. Once rehabilitated, the koala's must be returned close to home, as they live in the same area their entire lives. Feeding time involves milk formula and of course eucalyptus leaves. The hospital admits 200-300 koala's a year. They are adorable.

Walking downtown, I seem to be stepping on large dots plastered to the sidewalk. On closer inspection the writing states there is an Art Walk exhibit on today. Following the circles brings us to the 15 artists tents tucked beside the Tasman Sea.

Lime green parrots circling the palm trees create quite a raucous. Afterwards, sitting on the small hotel balcony eating supper, hundreds of fruit bats fly overhead. They are heading to an island for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb