Day 122 Port Macquarie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
December 15th 2007
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A beautiful sunny day. Went into town and looked at some historic buildings, had a walk along the sea wall and had lunch. Then went to another old building and the koala hospital before heading home for a rest. This sightseeing is hard work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Old Court HouseOld Court House
Old Court House

Built in 1869 and faithfully restored as a tourist spot since 1993.
MuseumMuseum
Museum

Early residential and commercial building built about 1835 using convict labour. Port Macquarie was an early penal settlement and one of Australia’s oldest European settlements.
Sea wallSea wall
Sea wall

Another rock wall with graffiti on.
Caravan ParkCaravan Park
Caravan Park

This park is right by town and the sea wall and is usually inhabited by grey nomads. This weekend however it is the venue of the Festival of the Sun with non-stop bands and about 3,000 young people. Lots of alcohol being carried in so no doubts lots of sore heads tomorrow.
Town BeachTown Beach
Town Beach

Right beside the music festival.
Roto House 1Roto House 1
Roto House 1

Built in 1890 for the sum of 667 pounds. It is built of red mahogany and has been beautifully restored and furnished.
Roto House 2Roto House 2
Roto House 2

Just one of the rooms.
KoalaKoala
Koala

The Koala Hospital is in the same grounds as Roto House. This one was in a traffic accident 4 or 5 days ago but is recovering with lots of TLC.


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb